Monday, October 5, 2009

Candles

I bought a candle today. It is called Mulled Cider, and I absolutely love it! In reality, I love all candles. They make walking into a room so much more fun. Sometimes, weird people get really nasty smelling ones, but it still makes the room more interesting. I like getting a candle to match the season. I really want to get a pumpkin smelling one for Halloween and Thanksgiving, and then have the cider one for Christmas and into January. Candles always make your room, or house, feel more alive. Not so much like a house, but more like a place that is bursting with life and has a story to tell. Usually, when you smell a candle it will bring an emotion on, or perhaps a memory. For example when I smell my cider candle, it makes me feel all warm and cozy inside. It makes me want to sit in front of a fire and watch the snow fall. However, if I smell a sugar cookie one, it reminds me of my mom and always thinking she was cooking some. Only to be disappointed and more hungry when I found out it was only a candle.

No comments:

Post a Comment